Welcome Baby Elise

Welcome Baby Elise

6/10/10 – Wednesday
– Estimated due date for delivery but still no contraction, no show, no water burst, nothing, no symptom of delivering
– Decided date for admitting to hospital for induction delivery on 7th.
– SCH back to Ipoh

– Admitted around 11.00am, SCH did the registration while the nurse lead me to a room where all the wonders began….
– Started by getting some personal details including health information, then was told to lie on the bed, with pants off, in front of 4 to 5 nurse trainees…yes, those Indian trainees who were then was told to shave me….(shave! omg) and they did!
– Right after that, they injected me and told me to pass motion…obviously, that injection is to help me pass motion which i felt immediately.
– Changed into green apron-like attire, rejoined SCH and being allocated to a bed where I suffered the most exciting and horrifying ten hours pain in my life!
– Nurse ‘set’ me up with the drips, blood pressure, etc

11:41am – Still managed to put a thumb showing I am still ‘alright’, still early anyway….
Nurse came, checked my opening, 3-4 cm.. Dr.George came, overheard that he said this patient should be fast.


Each hour passed, felt the pain, which got intense and finally had two injections to reduce the pain.
The nurses were just ‘fierce’. I was yelling, complaining the pain but all they said were ‘…labor pain is like this….’
Adui, not that I don’t know but at that moment, all I can do is to shout and keep complaining. Can’t they just help to divert my attention so we can feel ‘less pain’? And luckily, there was this Indian nurse, and remind me to take deep breath.
I did, SCH keep encouraging me to do that, and since then he has been holding my hand tight until the moment i delivered.

It was only at 9pm that I was finally being transfered to the Delivery Room. I was glad, thinking that it’s finally over.
But that was the most painful hour, and each minute passed was like an hour to me. I kept asking, how long more, how long more, while seeing the doctor came in, whistling while washing his hand, with a relaxing look that made me so ‘dulan’.

And “the moment” finally came. He sit down, while I have my leg wide opened, husband beside me. Doc said ‘…just push everything out…pee, poo, just release, don’t feel shameful…’. He told us, he can see the baby’s hair already, and even showed to SCH. That encouraged me to really ‘work harder’ to go through this last step.
Well, I did, I push all I can and that was quite a way to feel less of the pain.
At the same time, I see the Doc busy handling this and that, and then using some “tool” but I have no idea, because with the sitting position, I really couldn’t see how is he ‘operating’ me.
After a while, Elise finally arrived. Doc put her in front of me, and I shall never forget the feeling and her first picture in my mind. I was so glad and really thank god for a healthy baby. All the worries of taking too much chilies, H1N1 post-effect, etc etc didn’t really cause any ‘defect’. Thank god again.

I don’t remember the exact sequence of what happened afterward, but it’s quite clear to my mind that the Doc then push my tummy, and he told me he was cleaning up the wound, cutting the plasenta, etc etc, which I have no interest to feel in detail what is he doing to me, as my eyes were already stick to my baby.
The nurse also immediately put her to me so I can breastfeed her, i did and she sucked well!
After a while, I was being sent to the ward and I was feeling so exhausted and tired, that I was so blur when SCH told me, he is going home etc.

10:07pm -DONE!!!

10:17am – Our precious

She is rather big and long compare to other babies 😀 And she is pretty…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *